DC Spring Break Trip
Study Government and Politics in Washington, DC
March 10 - 14, 2019
Students and faculty will travel to the nation’s capital for an intensive five-day, four-night, hands-on seminar in government and politics. We will tour and meet officials at the White House, Congress and Supreme Court as well as network with DC-area alumni. The travel portion will take place during spring break. Funding from the James and Martha Lamb American Government Experience Fund is being provided to help offset the costs of this program.
- Scot Schraufnagel, Ph.D., chair, NIU Department of Political Science
- $400 (Excludes tuition and fees)
- Fee includes accommodation, three dinners, two lunches, a DC alumni reception, speaker honorariums, and a pre-paid Metro Card for transportation in DC.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from DC.
- A non-refundable deposit of $200 is due by December 14, 2108, with the balance due by January 31, 2019.
- In order to receive a one (1) credit hour grade, students must enroll in POLS 497: P003, spring 2019, through MyNIU, as well as submit a complete registration packet and deposit to the Department of Political Science.
- Students who wish to take part in the course for no credit may also do so and should not enroll through MyNIU, but submit a complete registration packet and deposit to the Department of Political Science.
Learn more about the trip, including the course requirements and timeline (PDF).
Registration Packet to be turned in to Zulauf 415 by January 31, 2019.